The Ingham County Fair will be held at the Fairgrounds in Mason from Monday, July 28th through Saturday, August 2nd. Each day there will be family-friendly events, sights to see, tastes to experience, and smells to ward off! In order to help it be a successful experience for the whole family, take note of these tips:
1) Go early in the day, and during the week if your schedule permits. Dress appropriately, and wear comfortable closed-toe shoes to protect your feet.
2) Be sure to talk to children about what to do if you get separated from them. Have them wear either a band, bracelet, sticker, or other form of ID with your cell phone number for someone to contact you immediately if you are separated.
3) Bring hand sanitizer for before eating, and after petting/touching animals, etc.
4) Watch out for animal food, water and feces on the barn floors and aisle-ways when walking or using strollers.
5) Animals at the fair are in a noisy, crowded and unfamiliar environment, and may easily become dangerous if they are spooked or scared. Avoid running, yelling, talking loudly or making loud noises while in the animal barns.
6) Never attempt to pet any animal at the fair without receiving permission from the animal’s owner.
7) Before boarding any rides with children- watch the ride with them first. Be sure to point out the operator and the entrance and exit locations prior to riding. Make sure they understand the instructions and warnings fully.
8) Bring a cooler with snacks and drinks to avoid hunger meltdowns.
9) Set a budget for each person prior to going to the fair to help with all the temptations.
10) Click here for a list of events, shows, etc. Tuesday, July 29th is Kids Day with special activities for kids all day.